A native of La Verne California, Mr. Eugene Tincher moved with his family to Long Beach in 1888. He attended Long Beach High School, now known as Poly High, where he met his future wife, Anna Mussetter.
After his graduation from Stanford University School of Law, Tincher opened law offices in Long Beach in 1913 where he practiced law with one of his sons.
The Tinchers were married March 7, 1916, in First Baptist Church, then located at Fourth Street and Locust Avenue. They were the parents of two sons, Marvin Eugene and Don Earl Tincher, and the grandparents of five.
One of the first Public affairs Commissioners for the City of Long Beach, Mr. Tincher filled elective posts, including president, for 20 years on the Board of Education of Long Beach Unified School District.
He also was president of California School Trustees Association, board member of the Long Beach YMCA, president of Southwest Area YMCA Council and a memeber of the YM Committee
He was a lieutenant governor of District 13, Kiwanis International, and a Master of his Masonic Lodge.